Join our team!
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer (remote)
WHO WE ARE
Our vision is to empower people through innovative technologies to take action and help eliminate global social injustices. Spring ACT – Action. Compassion. Technology. – is a Swiss-based global non-profit organisation run by a dedicated and diverse team, based on our values here. Last year, we developed and launched one of our projects: “Sophia” – the world’s first chatbot empowering survivors of domestic violence to gather potential evidence and seek help in 222 countries and in multiple languages: www.springact.org/sophia-chatbot
And this is where you come in!
Our aim is to ensure that we can offer long-term, active support to survivors of domestic violence through Sophia, regardless of where they are in the world. We are looking for you to join our international team and help develop tools with impact.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A company culture that is value-based, people-centred, and supportive, which prioritises the individual’s and the team’s wellbeing. (read more about our values here)
- Work that is impact-driven and meaningful.
- Join a highly motivated team of like-minded individuals from around the world. (see our team)
- Enjoy completely flexible working hours from the location of your choice.
- Make a direct contribution to the global protection of survivors of domestic violence.
- Work independently on a varied and multi-faceted range of tasks.
- Get the opportunity to work on a crucial part of our young and fast growing organisation.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
- Flexible working hours.
- Working language: English
- Create technical plans/strategies for Spring ACT projects.
- Technical guidance for the team of Software Engineers
- Coordinate with UX/UI, Frontend and Backend teams
- Software architectural decisions
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and team
- Evaluation of new systems and infrastructure
- User management across multiple platforms/apps (in terms of identification and retrieving existing data)
- Securely storing and retrieving user provided content.
- Technical reporting on Spring ACT projects
- People with gender identities that are underrepresented in the tech industry are especially encouraged to apply. If you are questioning whether you should, please read this article.
- You believe in empowering others, practice integrity and compassion in your daily actions and have a curious mind that likes to learn.
- 7+ years of experience.
- security & privacy best practices,
- Extensive experience with Python and working with restful APIs.
- Comfortable working in Git and following the git-flow methodology.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Comfortable with ORMs.
- Experience with webhooks.
- Experience with deployment and configuration of a testing and deployment pipeline (currently using Docker and Github Actions).
- Knowledge of Cloud computing is nice to have but not essential.
- Enjoy working in a start-up fast-paced setting.
- Enjoy working in a dedicated and multi-cultural team of volunteers across different countries.
- Have a self-starting work ethic.
- Dedicated to helping eliminate global social injustices.
CONTRACT AND SALARY
This is a remote position and the percentage (50% – 100%) can be adapted according to the needs of the successful candidate. We are offering a freelance contract. Compensation is offered in accordance to the successful candidate’s qualifications and national salary standards of where they are based, as we are recruiting outside of Switzerland.
✨SPARKED YOUR INTEREST?
Please send us your CV with a short letter of motivation to Nephi Awugelenu (he/his) at action[at]springact.org. If you have any questions about the role, the team or the organisation, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Application deadline is rolling, so please apply as soon as possible.